- #350 Add Variant data type support (Patrik Simek)
- #376 Fix parsing of SQL collations (Patrik Simek)
- #361 Align to code style used in Node 4+. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #340 Fix for nvarchar(max) columns on sql 2005. (Jonas Budelmann)
- #336 Fix issues with DateTime2 parameters. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #308 Fix token and received packet debug output. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #290 Convert codebase from CoffeeScript to ES2016. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #322 Fix for binary data being truncated on insert. (Bruno Jouhier)
- #330 Forward socket errors to request callbacks. (ashelley and Arthur Schreiber)
- #309 Don't overwrite configuration with routing data. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #310 Send correct servername in Login7 after rerouting. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #297 Fix for Windows Domain Authentication no longer working. (Arthur Schreiber)
- fe9249a Fix TypeError: Cannot read property 'useUTC' of undefined inadvertently introduced in 1.12.0. (Evan Lucas)
- #288 Upgraded dependencies. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #285 Stream Parser using Generators to make Tedious faster and use less memory using the magic of generators. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #309 Don't overwrite configuration with routing data. (Fix was backported from v1.12.3.) (Arthur Schreiber)
- #310 Send correct servername in Login7 after rerouting. (Fix was backported from v1.12.3.) (Arthur Schreiber)
- Fixed issue with NPM package publishing failing due to npmjs.com API change.
- No other change from 1.11.3.
- #276/#278 Do not let invalid dates pass the data validation check. (Bret Copeland)
- Minor fixes
- #275 Do not pass additional arguments to transaction continuation. (Arthur Schreiber)
- #253 Fix daylight saving issue for non utc dates. (Stefan Lüchinger)
New columns are now nullable by default. This can be disabled using
config.options.enableAnsiNullDefault = false. (Lee Houghton)
- Extended error information (Lee Houghton)
- #202 Integrated type checks (Patrik Simek)
- #207 Fix issues with Login7 Payload (Alex Robson)
- #243 Fix crypto deprecation warning with Node v0.11.14+ (Rob Shaw)
Fix date, time and datetime2 when
- Minor fixes
Connection#saveTransactionto create transaction savepoints. Change
Connection#rollbackTransactionto allow manually specifying a transaction or savepoint name. Introduce new
Connection#transactionhelper to simplify transaction handling, especially when nesting transactions. (Rohit Arjunagi, Arthur Schreiber)
- #224 Fix Rerouting on TLS Encrypted Connections. (Christopher Anderson)
- #192 Remove default SSL cipher suite. (Greg Brail)
- #205 Char and NChar types are now available as input parameters (Kris Klosterman, Patrik Simek)
- Fix resolving of default length, scale and precision in bluk insert (Patrik Simek)
- #209 Added default scale for data types requiring it. (Chris Dibbern)
- #211 Do not attempt to connect after instance lookup in final state. (Ben Youngblood) Also should fix #185.
Allow eliminating request timeouts with
options.requestTimeout = 0. (Bret Copeland)
- #201 Fix rowCollectionOnDone and rowCollectionOnRequestCompletion. (Patrik Simek)
options.columnNameReplacer. (Bret Copeland)
- #197 Fix nvarchar(max) in BulkLoad insert. (Bret Copeland)
- #199 Set keepAlive on connected socket. (ravensteel)
- Add option to bind to specific local address. (Bryan Ross)
- Add support for set xact_abort per-connection. (Bryan Ross)
- #182 Added support for readonly intent and automatic connection re-routing. (Bryan Ross)
- #180 Added aliases for some data types ending with N. (Marcin Konicki)
- #168 Added support for transactions in TDS 7.1 (SQL Server 2000). (Patrik Simek, Bret Copeland)
- Fixed a bug when prepared statement has no parameters. (Patrik Simek)
- #176 Fixed an ignored error when the bulk load schema doesn't match the insert table schema. (Bret Copeland, Patrik Simek)
- Fixed a bug that caused CREATE FUNCTION statements to throw an error. (Bryan Ross)
- Added guard against adding columns to BulkLoad after rows have been written. (Bret Copeland)
BulkLoad can generate table creation SQL - useful for temporary tables. (Aurélien Gasser)
(Pull Request #173)
Added ability for tracking buffer to grow exponentially. Bulk Load now uses this (Aurélien Gasser)
(Pull Request #172)
API change to Bulk Insert. Still experimental and subject to change. (Bret Copeland)
(See Commit: c4fd65f)
Added experimental support for Bulk Insert. (Bret Copeland)
(See Commit: eb8ae04)
Fixed a bug with bigint serialization. (Bret Copeland)
Changed default behavior for logins. Connections will no longer
fall back to the user's default database if the requested database is
unavailable and instead will produce an error
fallbackToDefaultDboption to re-enable previous behavior (Bryan J. Ross) (Issue #166)
- Added support for domain logins (Alex Robson)
- Start of semantic versioning, and commitment to stable API until v2.0.0.
Added support for default connection isolation level (Bryan J. Ross)
- Added support for returning camel cased columns (Bryan J. Ross)
- Added support for building lib on Windows (Bryan J. Ross)
- Add request timeout (Arthur Schreiber)
Prevent IEEE 754 floating point errors in Numeric and Decimal (Bryan J. Ross)
Fixed ReferenceError in instance lookup error handler (Patrik Simek)
- Added support for TDS 7.4 (Patrik Simek)
- Added request cancelation (Arthur Schreiber)
- Added support for UDT, TVP, Time, Date, DateTime2 and DateTimeOffset data types (Patrik Simek)
Added option to choose whether to pass/receive times in UTC or local time (Patrik Simek)
(Issues #95, #108 and #133)
- Binary, VarBinary, Image, Numeric, Decimal, SmallMoney and Money are now supported as input parameters (Patrik Simek)
- Binary, VarBinary and Image types are now returned as Buffer (Patrik Simek)
- Connection errors are now correctly propagated to connect event (Patrik Simek)
Better support for numeric column names and columns with same name (Patrik Simek)
(Issues #76 and #126)
Errors are now instanceof Error / ConnectionError / RequestError (Patrik Simek)
- Transaction isolationLevel default is now READ_COMMITED (Patrik Simek)
- Fixed issue when zero value was casted as null when using BigInt as input parameter (Patrik Simek)
Fixed issue when dates before 1900/01/01 in input parameters resulted in "Out of bounds" error (Patrik Simek)
Fixed negative return values (Patrik Simek)
Fixed compatibility with TDS 7.1 (Patrik Simek)
Emit connect event with error (if connecting) or emit errorMessage event on socket error. (Daniel Rapp)
Emit event after request callback. (Matheus Kautzmann)
Add placeholder event handlers to suppress crash in final. (Nicholas Penree)
Better default values for options in default sql statement. (Kevin Pullin)
Expose collected rows in request callback and done* events.
Add connection.reset function, to reset connection to initial state.
Make encrypted connections work with node v0.10.
Honour optional appName property in config.options.
- Add support for using Real in parameterized statements.
- Correct value for Request's completion callback's rowCount argument for statements other than select.
Support Text as a parameter type. (Zach Aller)
New example, showing insert statement using parameters of different types. (Will Munn)
Support for duplicate column names in result sets. (Nadeem)
Column not accessible by column name when the name is numeric.
Support for XML data type in result sets.
- Support GUID, BigInt and Float as a parameter types. (Zach Aller)
- Support for windows936 encoding. (lastonesky)
- Same format for GUIDs in results and parameters. (Cort Fritz)
- Support for transactions.
- Experimental support for secure connections.
- Some support for TDS 7.1, for connecting to SQL Server 2000. (Phil Dodderidge)
- Remove post-install script hook. It won't run (as is) on Windows, and doesn't really add anything useful.
- Support for preparing and executing SQL.
When the value of
intparameters are 0, do not send their value as null.
DATABASE_MIRRORING_PARTNERenvironment change notification.
Support for using
datetimetypes in parameterised statements.
Support for using
nvarchar(max)in parameterised statements.
On successful connection, set textsize (by default, to 2147483647).
This allows long values to be
Honour the defined locale for
textdatatypes. iconv is used to perform the conversion, and is included as an optional dependency. If it is not available, then ascii is used as fallback when converting the buffers to strings.
Added support for executing parameterised statements.
Added support for calling procedures with parameters.
Support connecting by instance name (instead of port).
- Expose the total number of rows returned, in Request's completion callback.
- Added support for Order tokens, meaning that select statements with an order clause can now be used.
Added support for more data types in result sets:
- Fixed bug that prevented new Requests from being initiated from a Request's completion callback.
- Changed the API quite a bit, and documented it.
- Removed dependency on buffer-tools package. This was the only package with C++, so it should be easier to use tedious on Windows now.
- Added main property to package.json.
WritableTrackingBuffer, making a lot of Buffer building and parsing code a lot simpler.
Added support for more data types in result sets (Ciaran Jessup):
- Simplified error handling for unrecoverable errors.
- Use a statemachine for connection state (making it much easier to implement the states documented in the TDS specification).
- Make packet size configurable.
The initial release.
- Tedious is just about useable for simple statements.
- Session establishment and authentication work.
- Sending SQL statements (in a SQL_BATCH packet) works for some simple statements.
- Many simple data types are supported.